You are here
Buyer/Planner - Manufacturing
High visibility/impact role with fast growing company!
100% paid healthcare/dental premiums
About Our Client
Our client is an innovative company in the Medical Device industry with great people and exciting technology. They have an exceptional company culture that continues to fuel growth. If you want to be a part of a successful team with great prospects for professional development, this is your chance to take the next step in your career.
The Buyer/Planner will have a high impact role by managing an expenditure base for materials and/or services to support the company's purchasing functions as well as by being responsible for source selection and procurement functions. The position is further responsible for the timely planning and scheduling of receipt and inventory control of the products as assigned, working closely with the Director of Operations.
- Initiates purchase orders based on trends, forecasts, and customer orders for all necessary production materials
- Secures and analyzes quotations, negotiates prices and terms with suppliers, and recommends suppliers with respect to cost, quality and delivery competitiveness
- Studies market prices and trends, engineering developments, and manufacturing method improvements applicable to assigned responsibilities
- Interviews and confers with current and prospective suppliers to determine supply capabilities, transportation logistics inventory control and management
- Negotiates prices and delivery terms with suppliers
- Creates work orders for production and follows work through to shipping
- Coordinates the planning of recent schedules and inventory control parameters for the assigned products and services
- Visits suppliers' facilities to qualify them as new sources and assists in the resolution of production, design, quality and/or delivery problems
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree with emphasis in business administration, economics or engineering preferred
- 3+ years of progressive experience in purchasing and materials control in a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with medical device production or other regulated area highly preferred
- Self-started attitude
- Strong organizational and communications skills
Interviews are underway through the next couple of weeks. Apply today to be considered!
What's on Offer
- $70,000 - 80,000 salary
- Up to 10% annual bonus potential
- 100% paid medical and dental premiums
- Innovative and growing company
- Potential for career advancement
Both Michael Page and client are equal opportunity employers.