You are here
Capital Project Manager
- Plant Engineer or Plant Engineering Manager with 5 years hands on experience
- Plans and leads medium to large-sized capital projects/programs
About Our Client
My client is a leader in the retail space. Their products are seen across the whole of the US and Canada. They are constantly adding new products.
As the Capital Project Manager you will be determining the general approach and specific solutions to technical problems. You will provide technical knowledge on evolving capabilities within both the industry and the technology in a way that the business unit is able to maintain its relative competitive position in the market place as well as providing technical leadership to teams conceiving, developing, and implementing major technology upgrades or product improvement/line extensions.
Another part to the role will be to make effective presentations of technical material to non-technical people, both written and verbal and drive the use of the engineering discipline in such a way that it causes significant shifts in our manufacturing processes.
The Successful Applicant
- BS Engineering degree: Typically Chemical, Mechanical, and Electrical
- 8+ years professional experience
- 5 years in a progression of assignments
- 2 recent years of experience developing increasing expertise in one or more engineering disciplines.
- 2 years of production and operational work
- 2 years of project work with exposure to new product development
- Previous Project Management experience.
- Planning and organizing skills to manage project priorities and coordinate other function activities
Travel requirement is 40-60% of the time.
What's on Offer
On offer is a great opportunity to lead a team of engineers in an exciting, growing company