You are here
Cash Applications Team Lead
- Boston based
- Consulting firm
About Our Client
My client has over 1000 professional consultants based across North America and Europe. Their global head quarter's in in Boston, MA.
The Cash Applications Team Lead plays a significant role within the Finance Department with the critical responsibilities of overseeing the application of the Firm's receipts, implementing process improvements and resolving non-standard transactions. This position requires strong attention to detail, decision-making skills, systems aptitude, and the ability to coordinate work flow, train and work well with support staff. The scope of the role includes but is not limited to:
- Monitor the accuracy and timeliness of the application of all operating account cash, credit items and write-offs.
- Direct supervision of Cash and Collections Assistant. Assist in the hiring of candidate.
- Assist with the training of Finance personnel, on Firm's policies and procedures related to cash applications, collections and software.
- Coordinate the resolution of any monthly cash reconciliation items with Accounting.
- Research and resolve unapplied items to ensure timely and accurate disposition.
- Meet as needed with all groups within Finance and with banks to ensure proper controls and procedures.
- Coordinate Revenue responses to annual outside auditor inquiries including research, packaging and follow up.
- Monitor international bank accounts to ensure compliance with applicable statutes and properly accounts for exchange gains and losses due to currency fluctuations.
- Oversee application of funds from Trust Accounts to open AR.
- Monitor entire client refund process.
- Identify and implement best practices, policies and procedures.
- Take on special projects as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
In return for a competitive remuneration package, the successful candidate will posses the following:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably with a concentration in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of five years experience with cash application in professional services time and billing software such as Elite or CMS.
- Working knowledge of collections software such as *Collect or ARCS is necessary.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel spreadsheets.
What's on Offer
- Performance related bonus scheme
- Medical, vision and dental
- Life, disability and long term care insurance
- Time off benefits
- 401K & Pension Plan
- Backup day care
- Employee assistance program
- Subsidized gym membership
- Fitness program
- Transport benefit
- Tuition assistance.