You are here
Category Manager - Purchasing
Leading supplier to the food industry is adding top purchasing talent!
Outstanding category manager needed for purchasing department!
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest diversified suppliers to the food service industry. For over 60 years, they have focused their values to achieve proven performance in superior quality, innovation and customer service.
1. Directs purchasing activities, bidding and negotiating with external suppliers, to obtain the best price, maintain or reduce costs, and enhance service and quality. (40%)
2. Establish and maintain strong vendor relationships, periodically meeting with suppliers to enhance communication, ensure that GSF objectives are well understood, and share performance expectations. (30%)
3. Reduce costs on inbound raw materials and packaging, work with carriers for back haul opportunities and improved delivery times, and improve routing and shipping methods to decrease freight-related operations costs. (5%)
4. Monitor the Supplier Quality Index (SQI) and other measures to evaluate supplier performance in terms of management excellence, low cost/best value, system player, and technical competency/quality. (5%)Forecasts raw materials prices for quarterly pricing meeting with the customer to support strong customer relations and service. (5%)
5. Calculates the total sugar content in all exports from both plants to process the required USDA Re-Export license documentation for final sugar export credits. (5%)
6. Administers the minority/diversity purchasing program, submitting quarterly reports to the customer, to ensure diversity objectives are met. (5%)
7. Performs other related and assigned duties as necessary.
The Successful Applicant
Bachelor's degree in business administration from an accredited college or university
7 to 10 years of relevant experience in purchasing and inventory control in the food or restaurant industry.
Purchasing and inventory indicators
Knowledge of purchasing law
Strategic supply management (strategic alliances, value analysis)
Quality assurance concepts
Ability to analyze and resolve complex problems
Interpret purchasing problems or anomalies
Negotiate effectively with vendors
What's on Offer
Competitive salary plus benefits and car allowance