You are here
CFO (Chief Financial Officer), Health/Fitness/Wellness, New York City
CFO, Chief Financial Officer, Finance, Accounting
About Our Client
Dynamic, progressive and exciting health/wellness/fitness start-up.
- Maintain executive responsibility for financial and accounting operations including: working capital, capital expenditures, debt levels, taxes, budget and general accounting.
- Manage outside lending, audit and legal relationships.
- Oversee and develop a team of 13 reports in both accounting and finance functions.
- Direct and monitor all financial controls and metrics within the organization.
- Analyze current and future business operations and plans to determine financial effectiveness.
- Identify market opportunities and help provide direction for strategic growth both long-term and short-term.
- Develop short-term and long-range planning, forecasting and budget development to support company goals.
- Participate in acquisition and growth activities to support overall business objectives and plans.
- Establish and maintain stable cash flow management policies and procedures and ensure cash resources are available for daily operations and business and product development.
- Lead preparation and presentation of financial materials for the Board of Directors.
- Work cross-functionally on strategic initiatives and projects.
- Generate new financial models to analyze true viability of future projects/endeavors, current business processes, and manage and mitigate risk.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or relevant field. CPA and/or MBA highly preferred
- Background at both a start-up/early to mid stage/high-growth company and either investment banking, Big-4 accounting, or management consulting.
- Minimum of 13 years of expansive finance experience with an emphasis on strategic initiatives
- Ability to operate and thrive in a fast-paced and results-oriented culture in both a timely and accurate manner
- Proven success as a creative problem solver and leader who thinks outside of the box to develop solutions and proactive strategic initiatives
- Impeccable verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Extensive Excel skills (SQL a plus)
What's on Offer
- Highly competitive compensation package including equity
- Fun and relaxed work environment- no dress code here!
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits
- 401(k) with 5% company match
- Free workout classes - spend your lunch time getting your sweat on
- Snacks galore in the kitchen! Think froyo machine, cereal station, and a fridge stocked with all types of drinks, espresso machine, and bagel breakfast Fridays!
- Located in the heart of the Flatiron district in New York City