You are here
Change Order Engineer
- Change Order Engineer, Long Island
- Retail, Multimfamily & Commercial Assets
About Our Client
Well established for more than 30 years this organization has projects throughout Long Island and has developed Retail, Commercial and Residential assets.
Working as part of the Head office Construction team the Change Order Engineer will:
- work with the Pre-Construction team to review design documents, subcontractor estimates and schedules of work.
- liaise with the on-site Construction teams, owners and subcontractors to ensure all change orders are correctly communicated, scheduled and invoiced.
- Conduct site visits to compile punch lists, deficiency reports and issue field directives to ensure subcontractor compliance.
- Ensure Timberline is kept fully updated allowing HQ Finance to build solid data on the adherence to all project budgets.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered for the Change Order Engineer position, candidates will be able to display:
- A strong, technical pedigree in commercial construction environments.
- First hand experience overseeing change orders and a deep understanding of their impact on Construction budgets/schedules.
- Strong working knowledge of the Timberline system.
- The ability to work with site based construction staff as well as corporate finance teams.
- Excellent organizational, reporting and stakeholder management skills.
- A home location in Central Long Island and the ability to travel regularly to development sites (throughout Long Island in the main).
What's on Offer
Attractive base + benefits