You are here
- Large Wholesale Textile Company
- Associate's Degree or Bachelor's Degree is Required, 1+ Years Experience
About Our Client
Large textile wholesale company located in midtown Manhattan. The organization manufactures fine silks and fabrics in several different countries, and is one of industry's biggest importer/exporter.
Chargeback Accountant job description
Primary Responsibilities 75%:
- Process billbacks
- Data input invoices into Navision
- Generate credit memos and email to distributors
- Contact customers/sales reps to send in billbacks
- Analyze distributor rebate requests based on contract terms and conditions (Requires close working relationship with sales reps)
- Review rebate claims data for accuracy, review trends and investigate and resolve any discrepancies.
- Recommend changes to distributors regarding format of submitted data to improve efficiency of the process.
- Work with AR/Collections to reconcile open balances (relating to billback) on distributor accounts.
- Maintain budgeted billback rate per case, per distributor and monitor actual vs. budget.
- Provide monthly billback analysis for senior management review.
Other Responsibilities 25%:
- Billing & Collections
- Setting up new customer/vendor accounts
- Maintain filing system
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 1-2 years' work experience in Consumer Goods/Retail industry
- Proficient in MS office (strong excel skills required)
- Individual should have a pro-active approach to problem solving
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and solid organization skills required
- Ability to interact with people at all levels of the business and understand business processes and how their roles impact other departments
What's on Offer
- Medical, Dental insurance with minimal employee contribution
- 15 Vacation Days
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Casual work environment