You are here
Chemical Process Engineer
- Growing Medical Device Company
- Newly Created Opening
About Our Client
Global leader in the invention and development of nitinol alloys and other superelastic and shape memory alloys, and the manufacture of nitinol semi-finished forms and fabricated components. Company recently expanded its headquarters by 14,000 sq ft and are moving its Italian based operations state side.
- As technical leader for chemical operations, evaluate, design, monitor and optimize the metal finishing/ chemical processes by adopting a data-driven approach, performing DOEs and enhancing process capabilities
- Provide subject matter expertise for the Nitinol finishing operations, that include the following main processes: de-scaling/de-oxidizing, etching for mass removal, electro-polishing, passivation and cleaning of surfaces
- Work alongside Product Development, Manufacturing Engineering, Operations and Quality departments to develop surface finishing processes at the highest quality level in a timely manner
- Promote data-driven technical investigation and innovation, evaluate improved and new chemical processes
- Promote and implement Good Manufacturing Practices as an evident part of all processes
- Create process control documents (Flow Chart, Control Plan, pFMEA, FAI, PPAP, etc...) in conjunction with applicable team members.
- Adhere to company procedures / quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications and applicable external regulations (ex: OSHA).
The Successful Applicant
- The individual has to be knowledgeable and have direct experience about metal finishing processes such as etching and electro-polishing.
- The individual has to understand the purpose, functionality and chemistry behind major chemical compounds used in metal finishing, including but not limited to etchants, electro-polishing and cleaning solutions.
- BS or MS in Engineering with 5 years related experience, capable of working in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Electrochemical / Chemical engineering background strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient with MS Office. CAD solid modelling (preferably SolidWorks) is a plus.
- Experience with statistical analysis software (preferably Minitab) is a plus.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- General Metallurgy knowledge and/or knowledge of Nitinol properties and how processing changes these properties is a plus.
- Experience with Process Controls: Control Plan, pFMEA, DOE, MSA, etc.
- Experience working in ISO-9001/13485 or similar environment.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary, bonus, full benefits, and relocation assistance if necessary