You are here
Opportunity to manage and oversee Estimating Department
Well-known, mid-size general contractor
About Our Client
Our client is a well-known company in the area with a diverse portfolio of projects ranging between residential, commercial, healthcare, and academic work.
As the Chief Estimator you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing preconstruction assignments: developing initial project feasibility budgets, progress estimates, value engineering plans, and other functions to meet client goals and provide outstanding preconstruction services.
- Attending and supporting business development presentations. Be equipped and prepared to effectively and swiftly "sell" the company, its core values, philosophy, people, processes, contract options and pricing strategy.
- Working closely with business development and executive team to establish delivery dates for project estimates.
- Providing weekly and monthly activity reports to executive team for planning resources and client commitments.
- Scheduling manpower, prioritize projects, and delegate assignments amongst estimators to meet client delivery dates.
- Holding weekly staff meetings to review current and future workload, project concerns, training, and any other department issues.
- Managing Estimating Department to assure that the proper procedures are in place to facilitate effective and optimal client service.
- Leading, coaching and guiding estimators and co-ops; reinforce the concepts of accuracy, reliability, timeliness and self-consciousness. Provide training as required.
- Maintaining and building new working relationships with subcontractors, suppliers, architects, engineers and clients.
The Successful Applicant
The right Chief Estimator candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field
- 15+ years of experience in the industry
- Ability to manage estimating function for a large GC with annual revenues at $300M and growing
- Excellent business judgment demonstrated by consistently achieving project objectives while developing/maintaining outstanding relationships with owner, architect & subcontractors
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail evidenced by a strong command of all applicable contract and legal provisions
- Ability to consistently analyze and execute financial trade-offs that frequently involve dealing with incomplete data and ambiguity
What's on Offer
The Chief Estimator will receive:
- Very competitive base salary
- Excellent benefits
- Work/life balance oriented culture
- The opportunity to grow with a well-established company