You are here
Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Seeking an energetic CFO to join an exciting non-profit Healthcare organization
- Organization has had tremendous growth over the past few years
About Our Client
Our Client, an independent, not-for-profit organization located in Midtown Manhattan, was established in October 2009 with the mission to help ensure fairness and transparency in health insurance information. Created as a result of the New York State Attorney General's 2009 investigation into the insurance industry's methods for determining out-of-network reimbursement, Our Client serves the healthcare sector nationwide. Our Client has created a database of billions of de-identified healthcare claims that is the foundation for a variety of data products, custom analytics and consumer tools. Our standard data modules, custom analytics and technological tools are licensed to payers, third-party administrators, bill review companies, self-insured employers, government agencies and consultants and consist of benchmarking databases and tools that can be used to assist in the establishment of out-of-network reimbursement rates and other strategic analyses. Our Client offers a separate line of data products for healthcare providers and a third product line designed for research and policymaking. We also offer a suite of consumer-oriented tools and resources available on our consumer website and mobile applications which can be licensed by other entities and organizations.
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will oversee all financial activities of the Company, including, but not limited to:
- Directs financial and accounting system controls and standards
- Ensures timely financial and statistical reports
- Advises the President, Audit, Finance & Compliance Committee (Committee) with respect to financial reporting, planning, practices, financial stability, risk assessment, liquidity and financial growth
- Responsible for financial aspects of strategic planning, investment portfolios and cash management
- Prepares reports that detail financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and future operations
- Ensures effective internal controls, optimum efficiencies, improvement of processes, and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Prepares and reviews pro formas and budgets of proposed, new and existing operations
- Recommends annual budget for Committee and Board approval
- Coordinates the budgetary processes of all departments and capital budgets
- Reviews activity reports and financial statements to determine progress and status in attaining objectives; revises objectives and plans in accordance with current conditions
- Acts as the 401(k) administrator
- In collaboration with the Executive Director of Human Resources, increases company's effectiveness by managing the performance appraisal and compensation program
- Manages the insurance program for the corporation
- Manages preparation of payroll returns in a multi-state environment
- Manages preparation of IRS Form-990
- Anticipates and addresses financial issues
- Performs other duties as assigned
The Successful Applicant
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) should meet the following qualifications:
- Health Insurance, Big Data, or Healthcare Analytics experience REQUIRED
- Extremely effective communicator both orally and in writing
- Skilled at presentations, preferably at the Board or Standing Committee level
- Strategic thinker and practical problem solver demonstrated through specific career advancement and enterprise impact
- Proven track record of managing teams in entrepreneurial small businesses.
- Proven track record in optimizing business processes leveraging technology.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including General Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Clear understanding of operational finance and accounting in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Knowledge of not-for-profit accounting preferred
- Strong compliance and ethical standards
- Experience in an operational environment
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA, CPA preferred.
What's on Offer
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will compensated on a level commensurate with their previous experience
Excellent benefits package including Medical, Dental, 401(k), Life Insurance & ADD, 20 Vacation days, 10 holidays, 5 sick days, and 4 personal days