You are here
Chief Financial Officer (Interim)
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Financial Officer
About Our Client
Our client is an international Non-Profit organization.
- Develop annual operating budget and lead the organization in financial planning, forecasting, budgeting and analysis functions including identifying capital management requirements and cash flow needs.
- Develop and enhance systems and tools to facilitate the effective management of resources across the organization.
- Oversee all fiscal reporting activities for the organization while expanding upon analysis capabilities to support decision making, improve performance, and drive business growth.
- Work with the President to create a long-term financial plan for the organization including identifying new funding opportunities.
- Ensure compliance with all contractual funding requirements based on grant agreements and proper accounting and financial procedures. This includes interpreting legislative rules and regulations both domestically and internationally and ensuring that they are applied consistently and appropriately throughout all global locations.
- Oversee the maintenance of all fixed assets, including assets purchased with government funds.
- Establish procedures for managing program based funding throughout the world, accounting for fluctuating currencies and extremely complex transactions
- Oversee and train internal finance staff throughout all domestic and international office locations.
- Establish internal controls to ensure that all organizational activities pass independent and government audits standards.
- Provide leadership and staff support to the Audit/Finance Committee of the Board.
- Manage relationships with external auditor and oversee annual organizational audit process.
- Work with the President to provide tracking information on key trends in the institution's finances, including: the organization's cash position, trends and factors in the monthly burn rate, management of contingency funds, and tracking of receivables.
- HR Strategy: Develop a global HR strategy to accomplish the HR objectives outlined in the strategic plan.
- HR operations: Develop/improve the processes and systems encompassing all aspects of HR
- Oversee risk management and maintain insurance and procurement processes. Deal with landlords, vendors, and repairs for the buildings .
- Direct the IT function for the organization in collaboration with the Director of IT. Oversee and monitor the development and implementation of the IT strategic plan.
Responsible for supervising the Finance Unit the HR Department, the IT department and Global operations.
The Successful Applicant
Education: Bachelor's degree and CPA or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
Experience: 7+ years of experience running all aspects of an organization's financial operations preferably in a large global enterprise; previous experience in a CFO role highly preferred. Some experience in managing an HR function and operations.
Related Skills or Knowledge:
- Demonstrated success building systems and tools to support organizational growth
- Experience with GAAP, GAAS, and non-profit financial accounting required
- Significant organizational management skills including team building and staff supervision and development; ability to manage colleagues, senior management, and Board members around financial management function
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences
- Strong organizational skills, with outstanding attention to detail
- Strategic, analytical approach combined with a collaborative interpersonal style and a strong sense of humor
- Flexibility and "can do manner."
- Working knowledge of HR processes and general responsibilities
- Other duties as assigned.
What's on Offer
This is an Interim role with potential to go fulltime.