You are here
Chief Financial Officer - Music Industry
Growing mid sized business in music industry
Opportunity to manage the business as top executive
About Our Client
My client is a mid sized firm specializing in the music industry. After experiencing stable growth for the past few years, they are seeking to bring the company to another level. Currently they have a yearly revenue of around 8 - 10mil.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Develop strategic plans, operating models, and operational execution with overall oversight of the financials of the organization (P&L management, cash flow, and balance sheet)
- Manage corporate overhead, including payroll and administrative expenses and reviews corporate overhead rations based on past, present, and projected needs.
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical company initiatives
- Proactively address and forecast upcoming financial issues of the business and take the necessary steps to ensure that they do not impede the businesses performance.
- Lead internal functions such as financial reporting, business analytics, corporate compliance and audit
- Facilitate the development of the annual business plan, including forecasting, projecting infrastructure, resource needs, company objectives, assessments, risk management, and administration
- Assist with special projects or needs, including business valuations, growth opportunities, etc.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Bachelors Degree in Finance/Accounting/Business Administration.
- CPA qualifications are required. Extensive public accounting experience will be accepted on discretion.
- Strong finance & accounting experience in the music/audio industry preferred.
- Entrepreneurial spirit is a must, in addition to strong passion in working for growth stage businesses
- Must be hands on and willing to perform operational duties
- Able to work independently and as a team as well
- Willing to work for smaller businesses with family culture
What's on Offer
Salary is flexible depending on experience. Candidates may be given equity with the package.