You are here
Chief Financial Officer (Non-Profit)
A Large Non-Profit located in Midtown Manhattan
An experianced individual with a stong backgound in Finance and Non-Profit
About Our Client
This Non-Profit organization has been a trusted partner to community-based organizations for over 70 years serving low-income New Yorkers. Their goal is to help mobilize New York communities in order to break down any barriers and build opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers.
- Serve as a primary advisor to the Executive Director and to the Board of Directors on financial and business matters.
- Responsible for overseeing the fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization
- Provide overall direction and management to the accounting, risk management, finance, purchasing and facilities functions to ensure that business and financial objectives are achieved
- Provides leadership, direction, oversight and development of the Finance Department team comprised of two accounting professionals.
- Partners and engages with members of the senior leadership team and Program/Department Managers to provide financial and budgetary support and guidance related to their respective program and service areas.
- Works closely with the Chief Operating Officer to coordinate activities and functions (e.g. payroll) that impact on the finances of the organization.
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum of a Bachelors' Degree in Accounting, Finance or Economics from an accredited college or university. An MBA and/or CPA would be a plus, but is not required.
- A minimum of ten (10) years' experience in finance, preferably in a not-for profit organizational setting
- Intimate knowledge of GAAP and nonprofit accounting practices and standards.
- Knowledge of third party government contracting and foundation grant funding.
- Direct experience working with automated financial software systems, cloud based technology and office software. Knowledge of Blackbaud's Financial Edge preferred, and familiarity with Raiser's Edge software a plus.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary plus bonus with outstanding benefits