You are here
Chief Financial Officer - Real Estate
Multi-Billion Dollar Development, Construction and Property Management Company
Manage a team of 12 and report to the President of the Business
About Our Client
Boston, MA based Real Estate and Development Company with a Multi-Billion Dollar portfolio. The company are opening up a newly created construction division, so if you do have an extensive Real Estate and Construction background, please apply. The position is newly created and reports directly to the President of the business. The need is urgent, but the experience and leadership needs of the position won't be compromised. Please apply for consideration this week for the Chief Financial Officer - Real Estate position.
- Be a strategic partner to the President and the senior management team on all matters related to finance, accounting, tax and reporting.
- Be a thought-leader on ways in which operating performance can be maximized.
- Work closely with operations and accounting team to improve business processes and build best practices
- Oversee the preparation of all financial statements, audits and budgets for the Corporate platform.
- Manage compliance with all construction lender requirements, including audits and financial reporting.
- Oversee all aspects of the construction accounting process including the preparation and submission of monthly requisitions, contract and change order management, vendor/subcontractor payment processing, and ensuring compliance with lien waiver documentation.
- Manage the construction management platform including the implementation and standardization of policies and procedures surrounding a cost management system.
- Review legal contracts and JV agreements as needed.
- Develop and implement financial standard operating procedures and controls for construction management business.
- Manage the roll-out and integration of new financial systems and upgrades
- Ensure that appropriate financial controls are in place.
- Identify metrics of operating performance, and on an ongoing basis, analyze actuals.
- Forecast long term cash needs with FP&A leads; provide proactive day-to-day cash management.
- Manage a growing team of 12+ professionals.
- Respond timely and completely to requests for information from senior management.
- Maintain positive working relationships with joint venture partners, lenders, clients, and service providers.
- Maintain current accounting and tax knowledge.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Related Degree.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of accounting leadership experience in the construction, real estate or development space.
- Software experience included: Textura, JD Edwards, Oracle, Yardi, MRI or other related software.
What's on Offer
The Chief Financial Officer - Real Estate will enjoy the opportunity to be a valued, executive business partner for a Multi-Billion Dollar Real Estate company and will enjoy the following:
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus structure
- 401K plan
- Health Insurance
More importantly, the opportunity to develop a strategy at one of the most well-established Property companies in the Northeast area.