You are here
Client Accounting Specialist
Top firm seeks Client Accounting Specialist to handle multiple client processes
High profile role within the Firm.
About Our Client
Top International law firm located in the midtown area. Excellent reputation and prestige.
- Gain the respect and confidence of partners that client operations matters will be appropriately executed by demonstrating professionalism, responsiveness and a strong work ethic.
- Support the Supervisor in the execution of all client workflow processes.
- Gain comprehension of and comply with all Firm's policies and procedures relating to billing and collections.
- Prepare monthly draft bills, ensuring all issues with a bill that are not a matter for the partner are resolved prior to presenting it to them.
- Working with the Supervisor, review draft bills for the month, discuss any changes and obtain signed Billing Authorization Form from the partner.
- Execute the client/matter intake process, ensuring all elements and guidelines meet firm policy; correct information is obtained from the client; potential conflicts have been cleared; and all data are appropriately entered into the management and reporting system.
- Assist with preparing and analyzing management reports, including monthly management reports, that provide metrics on the current status of a partners' matters, identifying early any issues that may arise.
- Administer the collections process ensuring that delinquent accounts are resolved in a timely manner according to Firm policy and escalated appropriately to Firm's management.
- Conduct all dealings with a client's accounts payable department (or other designated representatives) in a manner that demonstrates professionalism in keeping with the Firm's values and commitment to client service.
- Become a key member of the Client Operations Team, representing and liaising with other departments within the wider Finance team.
- Ensure standard rates are properly applied, and that any exception rates are properly identified, researched and authorized.
- Provide timely information on billing, collections, write-offs and discounts to Supervisor and Manager, and ultimately to Director of Client Operations and Chief Financial Officer.
- Maintain records in accordance with applicable laws and Firm policy.
The Successful Applicant
- Undergraduate degree desired; some exposure to Finance or Accounting preferred.
- A minimum of 3-5 years in a related field, preferably service industry client operations.
- Strong attention to detail and organization skills.
- Ability to efficiently execute, review and organize high-volume of client case activity.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience of dealing with demanding clients, whether internal or external to the organization.
- A demonstrated ability to consistently multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
- Understanding, and delivery, of an effective control environment.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytical and process skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience, full benefits package, extensive potential for professional development.