You are here
Client Finance Director
- Advertising network is seeking Client Finance Director for NYC office
- Role will oversee a team and report into CFO
About Our Client
One of the world's largest advertising networks with major international and domestic reach is seeking a Client Finance Director. This role will oversee a staff and report directly to CFO in New York City.
- Establish role as Finance subject matter expert for a portfolio of clients from diverse industries and with diverse business models.
- Work within a highly collaborative and fast-paced environment to provide financial rigor and strategic insight around business decisions that affect both client portfolio and agency
- Maintain accountability for proper forecasting, accounting, and recording of client Billings and Revenue consistent with agency policies and GAAP.
- Lead the development and negotiation of Client contracts and compensation agreements with minimal supervision, ensuring that key contractual requirements are addressed and included; serve as key point of contact with Legal team during contract negotiations involving client portfolio.
- Partner with client Account Directors to maintain expert and fluid knowledge of client's business models, contractual arrangements, key strengths, and opportunities. Continually advise business partners and Finance Leadership on issues within client portfolio that impact the business.
- Manage and coordinate global client relationships by working closely with other offices; become well versed in key global commercial clauses and address them as necessary during contract negotiations.
- Develop, train, and motivate staff while holding them accountable for achieving results
- Partner closely with Controllers department to ensure proper and accurate recording and reporting of financial and accounting transactions.
- Proactively document, follow up on, and close out in a timely fashion any budgeting, billing, invoicing, or payment issues that pertain to Clients or agency business.
- Day-to-day interface with Finance and Procurement contacts at clients as well as Planning and Buying teams and principal media Buyers.
- Frequent one-on-one meetings with Senior Finance Director and CFO to discuss client operations.
The Successful Applicant
Ideal Client Finance Director will have:
- BS or MBA in Finance or Accounting. CPA a plus.
- 10+ Years experience in Finance or Accounting.
- Experience working through contract negotiations.
- Experience working in an advertising or media agency highly preferred
- Experience with global client relationships required
- Strong knowledge of Finance and Accounting principles, including Financial Modeling, Budget and Profitability analysis, Variance Analysis, and Financial Reporting.
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Excel performing complex data analysis including Pivot Tables and Macros.
- Experience working within a matrix environment supporting multiple business partners.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong working relationships and be inclusive of ideas.
- Communicates clearly, accurately, and succinctly both verbally and in writing.
- Works independently and functions well under pressure; consistently pays attention to accuracy and quality of work.
- Takes initiative to add value beyond initial requests by anticipating future questions/follow up requests and proactively resolving them.
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience