You are here
Client Operations Supervisor
Growing Law Firm seeks experienced Client Operations professional
Opportunity to create policies and procedures
About Our Client
Top international law firm growing out their finance and accounting function to aide in profitability of the firm.
- Gain the respect and confidence of partners that client relationships will be appropriately managed by demonstrating gravitas, responsiveness and a strong work ethic .
- Manage and develop a team of Client Operations Leads and Specialists, one or more of whom could work in a location other than New York.
- Ensure all Firm's policies and procedures relating to billing and collections are complied with.
- Identify opportunities to streamline the billing and collection process, with the goal of reducing partner time spent on administrative processes, while at the same time keeping them informed as to the status of their clients.
- Work with partner and Practice Group/Department to standardize billing terminology, style and presentation, so that bills may be produced automatically from the system with limited manual intervention.
- Supervise Client Operations Team in preparation of monthly draft bills, ensuring all issues with a bill that are not a matter for the partner are resolved prior to presenting it to them.
- Liaise with Billing Committee Members for approval of write-downs, discounts and requests to defer bills.
- Oversee the client/matter intake process, ensuring that all potential conflicts have been cleared, that correct information is obtained from the client and appropriately entered into the management and reporting system.
- Work with the partners or Practice Group to develop management reports that provide metrics on the current status of a partner's matters, identifying early any issues that are developing.
- Prepare, on a timely basis, the monthly management reports and review with the partners or Practice Groups, highlighting any issues and determining appropriate action plan.
- Administer the collections process ensuring that delinquent accounts are resolved in a timely manner according to Firm policy, and appropriately escalated to Firm's management.
- Conduct all dealings with a client's accounts payable department (or other designated representatives) in a manner that demonstrates professionalism in keeping with the Firm's values and commitment to client service.
- Become a key member of the Practice Group management team, representing and liaising with other departments within the wider Finance team.
- Ensure standard rates are properly applied, and that any exception rates are properly authorized, including obtaining the approval of the New Business Committee.
- Administer client engagement letter process ensuring the letters adhere to the Firm's standard, is issued on a timely basis, is properly signed with all appropriate schedules included, and is returned by the client.
- Provide timely information on billing, collections, write-offs and discounts to Director of Client Operations and Chief Financial Officer.
- Prepare expected fees budget for engagement, where applicable.
- Maintain records in accordance with applicable laws and Firm policy.
The Successful Applicant
- Undergraduate degree required; experience in Finance or Accounting and/or Financial Operations required.
- CPA designation preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years in a supervisory role.
- Advanced technical skills in Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
- Experience of dealing with demanding clients, whether internal or external to the organization.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively lead and develop a team that consistently meets multiple deadlines.
- Understanding, and delivery, of an effective control environment.
- Strong communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Strong analytic and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team.
- Ability to effectively interact with personnel across different functions and levels of the organization.
What's on Offer
Competitive Compensation, full benefits package, and the opportunity to make an impact within a growing team.