You are here
CNC Machinist - Industrial
Full time machinist position with one of our trusted clients in Walpole, MA.
Operation of a variety of machines with opportunity to become Lead Machinist.
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in industrial engine manufacturing. Their customers range from automotive, naval, and aerospace industries. The Massachusetts division manufactures integrated marine power and propulsion systems. This company has been a market leader for over 50 years and is continuously rated one of the top big companies to work for by its staff.
- Set up, and operate a variety of manual machines and a variety of CNC machines and controls as required to perform a series of intricate and complex machining operations to produce a variety of different family of parts.
- Able to set up irregular shaped castings and obtain optimal material on all surfaces with little or no supervision.
- Able to select proper machines and tools to machine a part from an engineering drawing without supervision.
- Able to write simple CNC programs.
- Familiar with statistical process control (SPC) and maintain run charts.
- Determine proper alignment of part to machine and make necessary adjustment to assure square, concentricity and parallelism.
- Achieve required surface finish by monitoring tool condition, coolant, and adjusting feeds and speeds.
- Remove burrs and hand finish machined components.
The Successful Applicant
- High School diploma and 5 years of related experience with a certification in assigned area of machining of large components
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and geometric tolerance.
- Ability to properly utilize precision measuring equipment.
- Able to obtain a security clearance
What's on Offer
- Full time position - strong benefits package
- Competitive base salary
- Career opportunity; many employees are employed with this organization for the career
- Growth position with the opportunity to become a Lead Machinist