You are here
Exciting Opportunity working for a Top AM Law Firm in NYC
Looking for an experianced individual with a background in Collections and AR
About Our Client
Top AM Law Firm located in Manhattan. They are leaders across all corporate disciplines, this firm regularly advises on a range of complex transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, equity and debt capital markets offerings, joint ventures, project financing's and infrastructure development, structured financings, private fund formation and investments, syndicated loans, debt restructurings and bankruptcies, and privatizations.
- Perform daily review and analysis of outstanding invoices on assigned accounts receivable ledger;work with Partners and clients in order to collect payments within payment terms
- Update comments related to collection actions and review historic information to ensure accuracy in accordance with departmental and Firm policies and guidelines
- Maintain daily communication with Partners in the management of their accounts receivable, alertingthem of potential collection issues
- Work collaboratively with the billing department to resolve issues including invoices submitted electronically
- Research and respond to inquiries and assist with resolutions in a timely manner.
- Provide manager with regular updates related to invoicing and collectability issues and resolutions
- Schedule monthly individual Partner meetings to review each Partner's outstanding receivables and handle subsequent action items that result
- Research short-payments and receivables to determine collectability and submit write-off requests to management for approval
- Assist with cash application when needed during heavy cash volume season and apply cash as back-up role to the Accounts Receivable Coordinator
- Perform a variety of accounting duties as follows, but not limited to, refunds, W-9 and ACH requests, scanning, filing, research suspense payments, andresearch and respond to inquiries related to cash application issues
- Assist with yearly audit by retrieving copies of payment support as requested
- Maintain financial security and compliance with Firm's accounting controls and guidelines
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred.
- Experience in a large law firm preferred
- Knowledge of Elite financial system preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and Word.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to manage a high volume of tasks accurately with a strong attention to details.
- 2 to 4 years of cash application experience in a professional services organization required; cash application experience in a large law firm
- 2 to 4 years of commercial collections experience required.
What's on Offer
- Competitive Base Salary
- Great Benefits
- Growth Opportunity