You are here
Commercial Construction Project Manager - Austin
National commercial general contractor with $300 million project pipeline
Looking for an experienced ground up Project Manager
About Our Client
An award-winning, industry-leading commercial contractor based in Austin, Texas who specializes in ground-up construction services for the retail, hospitality, industrial, office, religious, and healthcare markets in Texas and surrounding areas. They also have experience with education, municipal and special projects. They are looking for an experienced ground up Project Manager that is looking for a long term opportunity.
Senior Project Manager of New Construction Responsibilities:
- Communicating directly with on-site staff including the Superintendent and Subcontractors to go over full details of project cost, staffing for individual projects, as well as scheduling.
- The ideal candidate needs to be able to write proposals, have prior experience preparing bid documents, negotiating with subcontractors, and attending meetings for pre-construction.
- Have a thorough understanding of interpreting plans and specs for building and construction.
- Must be able to outline scope of work and provide project management from the beginning of a job until closeout.
- Analyzing contract specifications to verify that project status is on track.
- Ideally this candidate will have experience with the full scope of construction roles (field and office).
- Leading from the front and being the face of the business is pivotal for this senior position as they will be representative of this national company.
- Ultimate responsibility for schedule, job cost, and controlling the budget out of the office in Austin, TX.
- Strong communication skills are necessary and experience working with local subcontractors, vendors, and clients is required.
- Our client has a very team focused environment and the desire to work in that environment is essential.
- Be well versed with all current building codes, and meet with local building officials.
- Be involved in the meetings with Architects, and Design Consultants from concept through first construction drawings.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Commercial Construction Superintendent will have the following:
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in the construction industry with a commercial general contractor
- Experience as Project Manager on Ground-up Commercial projects
- Proficiency with computer software used in the construction industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills are crucial to success of the Commercial Project Manager
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary depending on project experience and skills.
- Vehicle allowance/company vehicle
- Gas card
- Paid vacation