You are here
Commercial Construction Project Manager
- Top 20 ENR General Contractor Seeking Experienced Commercial PM
- Chance to work on varied projects between $5M and $30M in the DC Metro Area
About Our Client
A General Building and Construction company headquartered in the area has been aggressively investing in its position in the DC market. Projects range from office buildings, education, healthcare, pharma, and biotech. Due to the rapid growth in the past 12 months, the company is looking to add an additional experienced Project Manager to the team.
Project Manager Responsibilities:
- Participate in the creation of project schedules with the Project Manager
- Have weekly schedule coordination meetings with all subcontractor foremen to outline requirements of work completion, and other issues as may be required including but not limited to manpower requirements, interference coordination, inspections, and sequence of work.
- Distribute three-week look ahead schedules and communicate schedule requirements with all subcontractors.
- Implement, monitor and drive the project schedule. Promptly notify management team of schedule and performance issues, be proactive in anticipating potential problems that may impact the project performance.
- Provide daily job reporting on Company forms to include manpower counts, weather conditions, activities performed, and material deliveries.
- Manage the Company Safety program as outlined in the Company Safety manual, and provide safety and accident reporting as required.
- Ensure total subcontractor compliance with all jobsite safety requirements. Maintain a clean jobsite and communicate with appropriate members of the project team if there are repeat offenders.
- Initiate RFI's to address issues with interpretation of plans and specifications, missing information, incorrect details, incomplete information and other issues that require the direction of the Architect and Engineers.
The Successful Applicant
Project Manager Requirements:
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
- Knowledge of Prolog
- Thorough understanding of industry
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Good math/accounting skills
- Strong management skills
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Ability to develop or maintain relationships with clients
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills
What's on Offer
On offer for the position is a highly competitive base salary and a strong benefits package