You are here
Compensation and Benefits Manager - Jamaica, Queens
Jamaica, Queens New York
About Our Client
My client is a destination resort located in NYC. A global company, they foster an amazing culture a team-oriented working environment.
The Human Resources department is highly valued and always has a seat at the table.
- Assists in the development and implementation of the property's overall team member compensation strategy.
- Regularly reviews the effectiveness of existing compensation policies, guidelines structures and procedures.
- Recommends revisions and adjustments which are cost effective and consistent with trends and property objectives.
- Coordinates implementation and provides guidance to leadership, the conduct or participation in wage and salary surveys and recommends changes to ensure the maintenance of the organization's compensation objectives and competitive position in the marketplace.
- Manages the administration of direct compensation (exempt and nonexempt cash compensation programs, including the annual merit process) including: the processing, recording, and reporting of compensation-related actions taken on salaried and hourly team members.
- Manages the administration of the job description function to include advising departments on the development of new descriptions or changes to current descriptions, as well as placement in the compensation structure.
- Manages the Company's compensation structures.
- Makes recommendations to Human Resources management on pay decisions, policy, and guideline interpretation.
- Works closely with Departments to review compensation to provide advice and to avoid compression issues.
- Manages the daily operations of all benefits activities for the Property.
- Manages and ensures the coordination and administration of all benefit programs, reports, records, correspondence and changes for the team member benefit programs which include health insurance, vision insurance, dental insurance, short and long term disability, supplemental benefit programs, leave administration, life insurance, and the 401k retirement program.
- Stays abreast of emerging benefit practices and makes appropriate recommendations to ensure that the Company's practices are current in the market, properly balancing team member welfare with employer cost.
- Communicates benefit information to team members through distribution of literature, personal presentations to team member groups, and through electronic media.
- Manages the creation and filing of all required financial statements and related accounting for welfare benefits and 401k retirement plans.
- Manages the daily operations of the 401k Retirement Plan, ensuring that the plans remain in compliance with current legal requirements.
- Ensures appropriate record-keeping in compliance with applicable laws and regulations: quarterly audits, reporting responsibilities for federal, local, state and the Company as directed.
- Provides assistance to team members regarding inquiries about welfare benefit or 401k Retirement Plan issues. Assists in the development and proposal for all plan changes, evaluates costs and employer-team member cost sharing, and make recommendations to Human Resources management regarding the same.
- Works with the benefits broker service plan and implements the annual open enrollment process and conducts team member benefit information sessions as appropriate.
- Manages the implementation of all Company-wide Wellness and Health awareness programs.
- Ensures that all communication materials remain current and accessible to team members.
- Manages the administration of data entry into the HRIS system and all related reporting requirements.
- Manages the administration of the FMLA function to include processing of paperwork, certifications, reporting documentation, assisting departments with abuse concerns and keeping abreast of any necessary FMLA program enhancements.
- Maintains human resources records including team member files, FMLA documentation, LOA paperwork, disability, and team member illness records, etc. via the HRIS electronic system.
- Supervises maintenance of enrollment, application, and claims records for all benefit plans.
- Verifies the calculations of the monthly premiums statements for all group insurance policies and maintains statistical data relative to premiums, claims, and costs.
- Resolves administrative problems with the carrier representatives and benefits broker.
- Manages the administration of all leaves of absence (FMLA, Medical, and Personal, ADA issues) for all team members assuring compliance with policy, federal, state and local statute.
- Assists with the development and implementation of HRIS related items.
- Serves as advisor to the Human Resources function and works closely with the IT department regarding compensation and benefits issues.
- Other related duties as assigned.
The Successful Applicant
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources or closely related field plus five (5) years' management experience in Human Resources with significant experience with benefits, 401k plan, compensation and HRIS programs.
- SPHR certification highly desirable, Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS®), Certified Compensation Professional (CCP®) preferred.
- Multi-property experience preferred.
- Must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen, background investigation, obtain and maintain gaming license.
Knowledge, Abilities, Skills, and Certifications:
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively address all levels within the organization.
- Effective project management skills. Should be able to define a project, develop the overall project plan with clear deliverables & timeline, and manages the project team.
- Demonstrated knowledge of state and federal regulations pertaining to team member benefits and compensation, as well as demonstrated experience with HR information systems.
- Strong broker and third party administrator (TPA) management and partnering skills.
- Ability to collaborate across boundaries, disciplines, cultures, and levels within the organization.
- Advanced analytical, consulting, and influencing skills, with a track record of identifying issues and formulating solutions.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- PHR, SPHR or CCP strongly preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge and exposure to compensation practices.
- Excellent planning, organizational, problem solving, analytical, and decision making skills.
- Ability to speak and present in front of groups.
- Sense of urgency in completing projects
- Strong collaboration skills with all levels of team members
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation and overall package
- Free Parking