You are here
Compliance Officer - Regulatory Change / Volcker
Prestigious Global Bank
Opportunity to influence Regulatory Change throughout the organization
About Our Client
The organization is a global bank with a variety of different business lines.
My Client is looking for a Compliance Officer - Regulatory Change to join the team. This person will work within the current program team to review and analyze data from various sources and work to implement associated recommendations to further the goals of the program. They will:
- Recommend controls to enhance the effectiveness of the Regulatory Change and Implementation Program with an initial emphasis on the Volcker Rule Compliance Program
- Assist in design and implementation of compliance framework for new regulations
- Prepare senior management reports on status and/or compliance effectiveness
- Design and provide advice on building associated controls
- Review surveillance/exception reports, recommend and work with stakeholders and IT to produce enhancements
- Optimize control methodologies, frameworks and standards to reduce risks to the firm
- Draft controls related procedures
- Review and analyze reports on metrics from in-scope trading desks
- Assist in design and build of appropriate KPIs on Volcker Rule effectiveness, including effectiveness of controls framework
The Successful Applicant
- Must be able to work with various teams in a professional environment;
- Self-starter with excellent organizational and communication skills;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Flexible, dynamic approach to evolving program scope;
- Ability to work collaboratively within a complex organization, across multiple cultures, geographies and disciplines.
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent writing skills
Prior Work Experience
- 8+ years of experience across an investment bank or other financial institution with focus on control management or regulatory compliance.
- Prior experience preparing senior management status/effectiveness reports.
- Prior experience with the development of controls and/or metrics.
- Prior experience building and analyzing a control framework.
- Prior compliance testing and monitoring experience.
- Prior experience with the Volcker Rule.
- Bachelor's degree from a top tier College/University
- Graduate degree in finance
What's on Offer
Competitive salary + bonus + benefits