You are here
- Seeking a Compliane Officer for a large Human Services Organization
- Must have served previously as a Compliance Officer
About Our Client
Our client is a large, well known, complex human service organization with City, State, and Federal Funding.
The Compliance Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Implement and manage the organization's Compliance Program, including but not limited to designing, implementing, and monitoring an annual work plan; developing, revising, and enforcing policies; coordinating execution of internal audits; monitoring corrective actions; overseeing exclusion screens; promoting a culture of compliance, completing annual certifications, and other related activities as required.
- Fulfill the responsibilities of Privacy Officer, including but not limited to coordinating a risk assessment; coordinating remediation of identified areas of concern; developing, implementing and monitoring compliance with necessary policies; providing training; and executing Business Associate Agreements.
- Implement and oversee completion of necessary training of staff, Board and vendors on current applicable laws and regulations as well as internal policies and procedures in required timeframes as related to the compliance programs.
- Ensure that compliance activities continually meet all regulatory expectations by maintaining current, in-depth knowledge of regulations, requirements and industry best practice and adapting the compliance programs in response.
- Ensure that the policies and procedures needed to maintain compliance with laws, rules, regulations, and contracts are developed, maintained, disseminated, and enforced, directly or through coordination with program areas, as appropriate.
- Identify issues, patterns, or reports of noncompliance and investigate as appropriate in coordination with Human Resources, program staff, and General Counsel.
- Report regularly to management and the Board of Trustees on compliance issues.
- Participate in other aspects of the organization's risk management activities as needed, such as serving on internal quality improvement and incident review committees.
- Hire and develop staff to support the Compliance Program.
- Travel occasionally to program sites for training, meetings and audits.
The Successful Applicant
The Compliance Officer should be well versed in:
- Expert demonstrated knowledge of Medicaid, HIPAA, and NYS DOH regulations with 3 years' experience in managing Compliance Programs. Additional knowledge of OPWDD and foster care financing (per diem and Medicaid managed care) preferred.
- Experience conducting medical and mental health Medicaid compliance audits including synthesis of findings and coordinating corrective action plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with staff, management, and Board members, particularly related to policies and training.
- Experience with Article 28, Article 31, foster care programs and publicly funded contracts.
- Experience developing and implementing policies.
- Experience as a trainer with all levels of staff and Board.
- Experience engaging and managing external consultants.
- Post graduate degree in risk management, legal, finance, human services, healthcare or business administration.
- Ability to create and maintain strong interdepartmental relationships to advance the mission of the organization and ensure positive outcomes.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to meet deadlines and problem solve.
- Comfort performing hands-on work as well as assisting in strategic projects.
- Results-oriented perspective and commitment to operational excellence.
- Exceptional proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of electronic medical records (e-Clinical Works preferred), medical billing, and electronic submission of Medicaid and Medicaid managed care claims.
What's on Offer
Commensurate with experience