You are here
Construction Admin Assistant
Interior Commercial Design
Reputable and Recognized as an Industry Leader!
About Our Client
The firm completes interior commercial design projects for some of the most recongized businesses in New York City. They have designed offices for American Express, BBC, and Jones Lang LaSalle, just to name a few. With the creative and hard working culture they have established, the firm continues to expand and grow, and opportunities continue to arrise for this reputable organization.
- To assist in clerical duties for the office, including typing project correspondence, sorting mail, submitting construction permit requests, scheduling meetings and making copies of documents for construction bids and projects.
- Typing and submitting purchase orders (PO's) and customer orders (CO's) to subs in our Timberline Accounting System (you will be assisted in learning to use it), proposals and change orders to clients Maintaining shop logs, contract log, co log, RFI log.
- Answering phones, directing calls and responding to general questions from clients and suppliers, write messages and sending emails.
- Organizing office supplies, filing, tracking and keeping updated records of certificate of insurance and worker's compensation.
- Setting up Dropbox site for all bids and sending out invitation to subs, creating sub list and following up for bids.
- Coordinating with building and project managers on schedule, reservation of freight elevator, arranging for access and deliveries.
- Working with expeditors on pulling permits and sign-offs along with trades and controlled inspections.
- Preparing project close out package.
The Successful Applicant
Experience & Skills:
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to prioritize and execute several tasks with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Friendly and positive presence
- Ability to manage and prioritize a busy workload
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high energy work environment
What's on Offer
This is a full-time position; salary commensurate with experience. A competitive benefits package is also offered, including health and dental insurance and 401(K). Office hours for this position are from 8:30am to 5:30pm.