You are here
Construction and Design Coordinator - Restaurant Group
Looking for an administrative assistant - Construction Background preferred
Experience supporting a General Contractor - Preferred
About Our Client
Or client was founded on the belief that culinary excellence is an art form, per se. And museums, cultural centers and art-filled landmark locations provide the ideal environments for experiencing this level of quality and service. Boasting approximately 70 restaurants and food service operations in performing arts centers, our client also offers world-class dining and service for weddings, elegant catered affairs and corporate events. The union of these two legendary culinary innovators has introduced the world to a whole new echelon of personalized service and unrivaled culinary artistry.
- A key component will include managing the day-to-day repair and maintenance needs of the restaurant portfolio. This position will interact with designers, engineers, contractors, vendors, landlords, property managers, health departments, city agencies and governing authorities.
- Support the VP of Design & Construction.
- Oversee the Routine Maintenance Capital Plan.
- Manage emergency needs and day-to-day repairs.
- Continual follow-up to assure budgets and schedules are maintained.
- Confirm work is complete and acceptable for payment to be released.
- Liaison on all construction and maintenance issues between the restaurant manager and all others.
- Solicit competitive pricing, evaluate change-orders and track budgets.
- Evaluate lead times .
- Develop schedules and timelines.
- Maintain protocol for processing of work orders and approvals.
- Collaborate with all internal departments and on-site restaurant management.
The Successful Applicant
- The ideal candidate will be a focused self-starter that is diligent in all tasks with great intuition and common sense.
- Exceptional communication and relationship management skills.
- Detail oriented work style with the ability to prioritize effectively in time sensitive situations.
- Construction/architectural related background in terms of education or field of work experience 3 - 5 years preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret construction drawings, proposals and invoice.
- Experience in negotiating contract terms.
- Ability to think analytically; conduct comparative analyses and work with numerous contractors and vendors simultaneous.
- Knowledge and or exposure to restaurants preferred.
What's on Offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Major medical insurance options
- Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401k Program
- Company Dining Program