You are here
Construction Estimator - Westchester County
Estimating ground up as well as interiors
Commercial, Retail, Medical, Educational, Etc.
About Our Client
They are currently seeking an experienced Estimator to work cohesively within their estimating department for renovation and out of the ground projects across Westchester County and New York City. In this role, you will be responsible for preparing both hard bids and conceptual estimates for projects ranging anywhere up to $30MM. This is a great opportunity for an Estimator to join a growing company with a diverse project portfolio, and future leadership opportunities in the department and business.
- Prepare take-offs.
- Prepare detailed estimates including assigning material and labor values to take-offs.
- Acquire vendor pricing on specialty materials, equipment and systems Evaluate and assist with subcontractor and vendor scope and pricing review.
- Participate and coordinate in project kick-off and turn-over meetings while performing the duties of this job.
The Successful Applicant
- Three years' experience working with construction materials.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Experience with NYC interior as well as exterior construction projects preferred.
- Knowledge of architectural plans and/or construction terminology.
- Experience with takeoff software preferred.
- Degree in construction related field preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have a diverse profile working across different sectors such as retail, educational and hospitality.
- Successful track record of bidding and winning projects.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package