You are here
- exciting opportunity to work on various projects in NJ
- Opportunity to join ambitious team working in all sectors
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established Building and Construction organization based in New Jersey. They're currently experiencing an excellent period of growth and are looking to add headcount. As such, they are looking to hire an exceptional Construction Estimator.
The Construction Estimator will be:
- Performing detailed quantity take-offs and organizing the quantities with unit pricing in production of an estimate.
- Able to build a full conceptual cost estimate from architectural sketches.
- Developing and implementing value engineering solutions to drive down project costs for the Owner while maintaining a high level of construction quality.
- Experience in coordinating with the architect, structural engineer, civil engineer, and MEP engineers to determine cost effective solutions during the design process.
- Capable of writing detailed scopes of work for construction contracts to be implemented by the field operations team.
- Attend pre-bid meetings to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Able to coordinate the scopes of work of multiple trades to ensure nothing is missed for the project team.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment with multiple, concurrent projects and deadlines.
- Able to lead junior estimators in soliciting bid proposals from the Boston marketplace.
The Successful Applicant
The Construction Estimator should have:
- Bachelors degree
- Attention to detail and quality
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong communication skills
- Ideally management experience
What's on Offer
The Construction Estimator will receive:
- A strong base salary + performance based bonus
- Full benefits (health, dental, 401(k) match, etc.)
- Attractive work/life balance
- Resources to be able to work remotely when needed