You are here
Great opportunity to work for a global brand
Estimating multiple top tier construction projects
About Our Client
One of the world's leading retail brands is looking for an in house estimator to bid numerous building construction projects on the East Coast
- Capable of performing detailed quantity take-offs and organizing the quantities with unit pricing in production of an estimate.
- Ability to build a full conceptual cost estimate from architectural sketches.
- Experience in developing and implementing value engineering solutions to drive down project costs for the Owner while maintaining a high level of construction quality.
- Experience in coordinating with the architect, structural engineer, civil engineer, and MEP engineers to determine cost effective solutions during the design process.
- Capable of writing detailed scopes of work for construction contracts to be implemented by the field operations team.
- Ability to coordinate the scopes of work of multiple trades to ensure nothing is missed for the project team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple, concurrent projects and aggressive deadlines.
- Ability to lead junior estimators in soliciting bid proposals from the Reston office.
The Successful Applicant
- 5+ years experience in construction estimating
- Vast knowledge of all trades: scope, time frames/field execution, typical missed scope/exposures
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge about estimating processes and delivery methods
- Understand MEP systems and components, and be able to scope and analyze MEP bids
- Solid conceptual estimating experience
- Management experience: coaching, feedback delivery, delegating and mentorship
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits package