You are here
Construction Project Manager - Design/Build
Opportunity with a GREAT international design/build firm
Flexability, work/life balance, and convinient downtown location
About Our Client
This is an international design-build firm that focuses heavily on corporate interiors. They have multiple offices in North America, but their Boston office is their largest on the east coast. This company has proven continuous growth over the past few years and have a strong forecast to continue to do so in the coming year. They are looking for a driven individual who has management and corporate interior experience. The ideal candidate is someone who can work well with the design team to collaborate and offer a unified process leading to a profitable and successful project.
With Corporate Interior construction projects, the Senior Project Managers role will be heavily client oriented meaning the successful applicant must be professional, personable, and able to create and maintain these important relationships.
The Construction Project Manager - Design/Build responsibilities:
- Coordinates the interrelating activities of subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Coordinates design and engineering efforts; monitors and reports on financial status of the project(s) and is responsible for subcontract and contract administration.
- Responsible for estimating efforts relative to the project(s).
- Responsible for entire proposal preparation effort.
- Develops job progress schedule to ensure that actual construction parallels with the schedule.
- Negotiates contracts with subcontractors and vendors for various trades, ensuring that all phases of the work are encompassed and that a clear definition of work responsibility is defined.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor and vendor payment requests. Issues changes in the work to receive prices from subcontractors in a timely fashion.
- Works with design and engineering managers to ensure project(s) is/are designed, procured and constructed within the boundaries of operating guidelines, while conforming to technical requirements and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Visits job site(s) as needed to review progress and quality of work.
- Prepares various reports to successfully manage the project(s), such as monthly red files, progress analysis/schedules, billings and status reports. Organizes and maintains job files to ensure continuity of work flow. Submits verbal and written reports on project status to management.
- Issues appropriate change orders to subcontractors and customers.
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals to ensure compliance with scope of work
The Successful Applicant
The Construction Project Manager - Design/Build should have:
- Bachelors degree
- 3 years minimum of Project Management experience
- Ideally tenant interior experience
- Strong communication skills
- Estimating experience
- Familiarity to the preconstruction phase
- Ability to push project along
- Organization skills
- Ideally familiar with procore
What's on Offer
The Construction Project Manager - Design/Build will receive:
- Competitive base salary
- Discretionary bonus
- 401(k) matching
- Strong benefits package
- Paid vacation days
- Work/life balance