You are here
Construction Project Manager
- Project Manager
- Construction Management / General Contractor
About Our Client
Our client is a large construction management firm and general contractor who has grown massively in the past several years. They are forecasting nearly $1b in revenue for 2015 and due to their significant growth, are looking to add several new employees. This employer is also known particularly for their strong culture and opportunity for advancement within the firm. This company is known for investing in the future of their employees and promoting growth from within as well. Furthermore, they hire quite selectively and in this company you will be surrounded by the best and brightest in the industry.
As Project Manager, you will:
- Coordinates the interrelating activities of subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Coordinates design and engineering efforts; monitors and reports on financial status of the project(s) and is responsible for subcontract and contract administration.
- Responsible for estimating efforts relative to the project(s).
- Responsible for entire proposal preparation effort.
- Develops job progress schedule to ensure that actual construction parallels with the schedule.
- Purchases and monitors the delivery of all needed materials for the project(s) ensuring optimum prices, quality and conformance to specifications.
- Negotiates contracts with subcontractors and vendors for various trades, ensuring that all phases of the work are encompassed and that a clear definition of work responsibility is defined.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor and vendor payment requests. Issues changes in the work to receive prices from subcontractors in a timely fashion.
- Works with design and engineering managers to ensure project(s) is/are designed, procured and constructed within the boundaries of operating guidelines, while conforming to technical requirements and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Visits job site(s) as needed to review progress and quality of work.
- Prepares various reports to successfully manage the project(s), such as monthly red files, progress analysis/schedules, billings and status reports. Organizes and maintains job files to ensure continuity of work flow. Submits verbal and written reports on project status to management.
- Issues appropriate change orders to subcontractors and customers.
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals to ensure compliance with scope of work.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for this role will be educated to degree level and have several years of experience working as a Project Manager within a General Contractor or Construction Management firm. You will also live in Massachusetts or a nearby state and be comfortable with occasional travel to job sites.
What's on Offer
A generous compensation package is on offer which includes base salary, bonus, benefits, 401k, and more.