You are here
Construction Project Manager
Growing company searching experienced high end project manager
Focus on residential, brownstones, and multi-family projects
About Our Client
Growing company that focuses on high end residential building and construction projects as well as brownstones / multi-family projects. Majority of work is located in downtown Boston area
The Project Manager - Construction will be responsible for:
- Coordinates the interrelating activities of subcontractors, suppliers, vendors and customers.
- Coordinates design and engineering efforts; monitors and reports on financial status of the project(s) and is responsible for subcontract and contract administration.
- Responsible for estimating efforts relative to the project(s).
- Responsible for entire proposal preparation effort.
- Develops job progress schedule to ensure that actual construction parallels with the schedule.
- Negotiates contracts with subcontractors and vendors for various trades, ensuring that all phases of the work are encompassed and that a clear definition of work responsibility is defined.
- Reviews and approves subcontractor and vendor payment requests. Issues changes in the work to receive prices from subcontractors in a timely fashion.
- Works with design and engineering managers to ensure project(s) is/are designed, procured and constructed within the boundaries of operating guidelines, while conforming to technical requirements and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Visits job site(s) as needed to review progress and quality of work.
- Prepares various reports to successfully manage the project(s), such as monthly red files, progress analysis/schedules, billings and status reports. Organizes and maintains job files to ensure continuity of work flow. Submits verbal and written reports on project status to management.
- Issues appropriate change orders to subcontractors and customers.
- Reviews shop drawings and submittals to ensure compliance with scope of work.
The Successful Applicant
The Project Manager - Construction should:
Have a degree as well as several years of experience working as a Project Manager within a General Contractor or Construction Management firm. Able to run a project independently within budget and time frame.
What's on Offer
A generous compensation package is on offer which includes base salary, bonus, benefits, 401k, and more