You are here
Construction Project Manager
Exciting new multifamily project in downtown San Francisco
Our client is looking for Project Managers with ground up multifamily exposure
About Our Client
Our client is a developer and investment firm who has multiple projects in the San Francisco area. This particular project in the Dogpatch area of San Francisco is a $100m project.
The successful project manager will have developed skills in the following areas:
- Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule, mitigating and reporting all potential delays by monitoring the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and holding weekly status meetings with all the team members, subcontractors and clients and their consultants.
- Coordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which include clients, architects, consultants, subcontractors and laborers.
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Daily inspection of construction site to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other applicable regulations.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to produce constructability issues and plan coordination problems prior to beginning construction of the project.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, subcontractors, and clients
- Select, contract, and oversee workers who complete specific scopes of the project, such as painting or plumbing
- Prepare subcontracts and negotiate revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements
- Manage the budget, track project expenses and minimize exposure and risk in the project
- Collect, review and approve progress payments submitted by all subcontractors and vendors
- Ensure project documentation and reports are complete.
- Handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of mechanical, electrical and plumbing building systems.
- Advance knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is essential.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill building ability
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
- Capacity to handle pressure
- Willingness to travel extensively across the construction sites
- Physical and mental fitness is a given
- Strong focus on quality
- Recent working knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and MS Project
- Knowledge and experience in Prolog or similar Project Management Software is a plus
- Maintain company confidentiality
What's on Offer
$120,000 - $180,000 per year dependent on project history.