You are here
Construction Quality Control Manager - Laboratories
Amazing opportunity for a quality control manager to step into a director role
Seeking experienced QC Manager with active laboratory experience
About Our Client
This position is with one of the top 20 general contractors in the United States. The company has a strong presence in various industries, including healthcare, aviation, athletics, multi-family mixed use, and hotels. Although the company has work all over the US, they are known for avoiding travel, and keeping employees in their preferred location. This position can either be based out of Washington DC or Baltimore, MD.
- Manage the implementation of the project-specific QA/QC Plan in coordination with the project team, the owner/architect team and the contract documents.
- Assure that appropriate staff are assigned to provide the required knowledge and experience to execute the plan.
- Develop engineering procedures, including document control, submissions management, creation and tracking of RFIs, material samples and applicable documentation.
- Responsible for oversight of the owner's construction effort, including the technical liaison between the owner, general contractor, user, and related agencies.
- Responsible for Quality Assurance observations and reporting of the physical work, produce construction change scope and cost estimates, technical reviews and recommending responses to RFIs, proposals, submittals, CPM schedules, contractor's correspondence, etc., interpretation of contract documents and recognition of foreseeable potential progress delays
- Responsible for interfacing with the client and upper-level management.
- Lead, supervise, develop staff
- Providing leadership and direction to complex construction projects of $30M+
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Architecture or Construction Management
- 10+ years' relevant construction experience with both field and engineering responsibilities
- Extensive knowledge of the construction process
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite
- Proven leadership qualities and skills with the desire to teach and mentor staff
What's on Offer
- Highly competitive salary
- Excellent benefits