You are here
Experienced superintendent needed
Large commercial & residential projects
About Our Client
This company is fast becoming a leader across the Chicago construction industry. They are taking on jobs across different divisions and looking to continue this growth to satisfy the demand from their clients. They are based in Chicago but do work on a national level. They offer a clear growth structure and a supportive, collaborative culture.
- Supervise and coordinate installation of work in accordance with the contract documents, project schedule and the planned sequence of work.
- Be aware of project milestone dates and the requirements to achieve them.
- Have thorough knowledge of the Contract Documents and the scope of work for the specific area(s) or trade(s) assigned.
- Develop an understanding of the duration of each activity. - Apply knowledge of equipment capability and develop plans for optimum utilization.
- Know the scheduled delivery dates for all material and equipment that have a direct effect on the area(s)/trade(s) assigned.
- Supervise field work force to assure that all work is put in place in the most cost effective manner. - Know the budgets for work that is being supervised.
- Determine causes and develop remedies when costs are not in line with budget, estimate, and/or reasonable expectations.
- Take remedial action when required. Establish a procedure for hazard recognition at the beginning of every new activity.
- Be thoroughly knowledgeable of all of the company's safety standards, manuals, and procedures.
- Maintain good working relationships with subcontractors and suppliers.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in engineering, architecture, construction management or a related discipline
- 5+ years of construction management experience in a field supervisory role.
- Experience working with latest technologies
What's on Offer
- $80K - $120K base salary
- Competitive compensation package
- Structured career growth