You are here
Controller - Ad Agency
Experience Controller in Advertising Industry
About Our Client
An advertising company specializing in marketing and advertising is seeking a Finance Controller.
- Develop, implement and review efficient and effective accounting and administrational processes, and overall internal controls for the company.
- Prepare monthly close package that includes but not limited to payroll schedules, prepaid expenses, intercompany, accrued expenses, fixed assets, allocations and operating expenses
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with other departments in matters related to financial planning and control
- Review and reconcile sub ledger and general ledger balances for AR, AP, Cash, Payroll and various balance sheet accounts
- Responsible for 401k and Workmen's Compensation yearly audits and administration
- Responsible for overview and compliance of payroll functions for the Company
- Work with external auditors on the annual audits, income tax extensions and filings
- Manage, mentor and guide team in finance department.
- Provide direction and guidance on GL coding as well as accounting matters
- Prepare audit and tax schedules as needed
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field and CPA.
- 4-5 years of general Accounting experience with progressive levels of responsibility.
- Experience overseeing payroll functions on a national level.
- Experience managing a team of accounting staff in a very fast paced environment. Demonstrated experience leading and motivating others.
- Strong understanding of tax codes and laws
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, communication, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proficient in Excel including use of filters, pivot tables and vlookups.
- Recommends and resolves problems and/or issues effectively.
- Proactive, thinks strategically and innovative
- Experience working in Advertising company
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- Great company benefits