You are here
Controller, CPA Required
Emerging Fashion & Apparel Company, ECommerce Based
Manhattan Based Minimalistic Brand Looking For Controller, CPA Needed
About Our Client
This progressive, emerging apparel business targets professional men and women, with at-leisure pieces that can be worn to work, out with friends, and while being active. High tech fabrics and a cutting edge data analytics team, has led this business to success since inception in 2013.
- Oversee and manage the Finance/Accounting team and lead on organization and system improvements.
- Manage the month end close process.
- Provide timely and accurate budgets, financial reports and analysis in order to assist the CEO and Executive Team in effectively performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures for the organization through systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the organization.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide financial insight and recommendations to both short term and long term growth plans of organization.
- Make continual improvements to the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues that impact their budgets.
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget; address variances.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial P & Ls versus budget and prior year and summarize financial data for ExecutiveTeam review.
- Pull financial reports into SEC Formatting, knowledge of 10q's and 10k's required
The Successful Applicant
- BS Degree in Finance or Accounting or related advanced degree
- CPA required
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a former Controller / Director of Accounting with experience delivering audit numbers to external firm or previous tenure with an Accounting firm dealing with audit work from that side
- Experience with manufacturing/retail companies preferred.
- Audit experience with the ability to create and support source material and defend an audit
- Ability to lead a team and work collaboratively across departments to find solutions, ensure accuracy, and simplify reporting systems
- Strong people and leadership skills, as well as good business planning and organizational skills
- A dynamic individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective and is well versed in systems
- Proven experience enhancing, modifying or redesigning existing workflows to improve operating efficiencies
- Demonstrated conflict and problem resolution skills
What's on Offer
The business offers unlimited paid time off in addition to pre-tax commuter benefits, generous health care plan (dental and vision included), and stock options.