You are here
About Our Client
Our client is an educational instituion, located in Midtown.
The Controller has responsibility for the accounting operations of the school, the production of its financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and the maintenance of financial controls in accordance with best practices. Included in these responsibilities is oversight of the annual audit and compliance with tax regulations and lender requirements.
The identification, development and implementation practices will also be a key area of responsibility with an initial focus on expenditure authorization, purchasing and contract negotiation.
The Controller will work closely with the CFO to assess the effectiveness of the current school information system and identify opportunities to further automate financial and business reporting as well as general work flow school-wide.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- CPA degree is a must
- Supervisory experience managing a team
- Experience in accounting for endowments and restricted funds is a plus but not required.
- Proficient in Excel (Pivot table, Vlookup)
- Creative problem solver with strong analytical and critical reasoning skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with ability to present financial data and recommendations to non-financial constituents, including senior administrators and trustees
- Detail-oriented, well organized and able to meet tight deadlines
What's on Offer
This position is an immidate need starting ASPA.