You are here
Controller - Digital Entertainment/Media and Advertising
Opportunity to be part of growing digital entertainment industry
Work with top tier creative minds
About Our Client
My client is a forerunner in the digital technology sector with particular focus on media and entertainment. They have a diverse portfolio of businesses including digital production, advertising and marketing etc. They have global reach and are well known by many industry leaders around the globe.
The duties required for this role includes, but is not limited to:
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage outsourced functions
- Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives
- Oversee the accounting operations of subsidiary corporations, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures0
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
- Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
- Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
- Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly
- Process payroll in a timely manner
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
- Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years experience in Accounting/Finance required.
- Prior assistant controller/controller experience in digital media production/advertising/marketing is preferred.
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting required. CPA qualifications a plus.
- Public accounting experience is an advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Solid accounting systems knowledge, preferably with system implementation experience.
- Familiarity with SAAP and advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Passion to work with creative minds a plus
What's on Offer
Salary offered for this role will be 100 - 150k with additional benefits.