You are here
About Our Client
Our Client is seeking a Controller with Internatioanl Grants experience. The person will assist in planning, developing and implementing policies, procedures and accounting controls. The Controller manages the Headquarters accounting & finance functions and provides guidance and support to the global finance functions. S/he will ensure the accounts are prepared in line with accounting standards and support management and donor reporting requirements. The Controller reports to the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (CFAO).
- Oversee Cash, AP, Payroll, and General Ledger functions. Manage month end close process including: supervision &/or preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financials and variance analysis (balance sheet, income statement, cash flows, and cash flow forecasts) overall and at grant, country and project, team level. Integrate cash flow forecasting into monthly cycle.
- Coordinate preparation of supporting schedules, financial statements and notes for external audit and the form 990.
- Assist in development of procedures and process documentation. Oversee, monitor and work to improve accounting procedures, policies and internal controls including communication to staff and training.
- Audit work flow to ensure that all accounting transactions are processed accurately and in compliance with procedures.
- Identify and work with IT and others to develop enhancements to accounting system including selection and implementation of project reporting system.
- Participate in the annual budget process and other budgets and forecasts as required.
- Manage and mentor staff members.
- Assist CFAO with a variety of tasks as needed.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified CPA or equivalent.
- Preferred 10+ years' professional financial experience either public accounting experience (specifically with non-profit clients) or public/ private mix where you are currently working at an international non-profit.
- Fully proficient in non-profit accounting, thorough knowledge of US GAAP.
- Experience with US and foreign government and institutional grant accounting and reporting. Experience with audits under OMB Uniform Guidance.
- Experience in managing and leading a multi-cultural team.
- Hands-on experience in accounting software, preferably Sage/Abila. Experience of web based ERP systems welcomed.
- Knowledge of ADP Payroll System.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - particularly strong Excel skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across all levels of the organization and internationally.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, an effective time manager and multitasker.
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills.
What's on Offer
This is a potential temp-perm opportunity.