You are here
Controller -- National Real Estate Firm
- Opportunity to Join a rapidly Growing Real Estate Investment Trust
- Ability to Work Directly with the VP of Accounting and Senior Leadership
About Our Client
National firm which specialized in the investment, construction, management and sale of multifamily and residential housing properties. Since its beginning, the company has acquired/developed approximately 40 million square feet of Commercial properties and 20,000 multifamily housing units. To date, the firm has more than $4 Billion in Assets Under Management.
- Oversee all accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements.
- Direction of the accounting and reporting operations, including but not limited to accounts payable, payroll, general ledger, overseeing all transactions related to the GL and month-end close.
- Responsible for monthly accounting close processes, which include ensuring accurate results are delivered on-time to the FP&A team. Ensure all accounts are reconciled at month end.
- Leadership role in re-designing and implementing changes to the monthly close process.
- Continuous improvement of controls and processes.
- Oversee the quarterly and annual financial statement filing process with the SEC.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA highly preferred
- CPA highly preferred
- 8+ years of progressive Real Estate / Private Equity Accounting
- Background in public accounting highly preferred
- Prior management experience leading teams of 5 or more
What's on Offer
- Compensation Package commensurate based on experience
- Annual Bonus incentive