You are here
Controller - Non-Profit
Seeking an energetic and motivated Controller with Non-Profit Experiance
An exciting opportunity to work within a thriving Non-Profit Organization
About Our Client
This Non-Profit organization has been a trusted partner to community-based organizations for over 70 years serving low-income New Yorkers. Their goal is to help mobilize New York communities in order to break down any barriers and build opportunities that improve the lives of low-income New Yorkers.
- Oversee Cash, AP, Payroll, and General Ledger functions. Manage month end close process including: supervision &/or preparation of monthly journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial and variance analysis (balance sheet, income statement, cash flows, and cash flow forecasts) overall and at grant, country and project, team level. Integrate cash flow forecasting into monthly cycle.
- Coordinate preparation of supporting schedules, financial statements and notes for external audit and the form 990.
- Assist in development of procedures and process documentation. Oversee, monitor and work to improve accounting procedures, policies and internal controls including communication to staff and training.
- Audit work flow to ensure that all accounting transactions are processed accurately and in compliance with procedures.
- Identify and work with IT and others to develop enhancements to accounting system including selection and implementation of project reporting system.
- Participate in the annual budget process and other budgets and forecasts as required.
- Manage and mentor staff members.
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified CPA or equivalent.
- Preferred 10+ years' professional financial experience either public accounting experience (specifically with non-profit clients) or public/ private mix where you are currently working at an international non-profit.
- Fully proficient in non-profit accounting, thorough knowledge of US GAAP.
- Knowledge of ADP Payroll System.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office - particularly strong Excel skills.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills, an effective time manager and multitasker.
- Excellent technical, oral and written communication skills.
What's on Offer
Competitive base salary with outstanding benefits.