You are here
Controller - Tech Start-Up
CPA strongly preferred
About Our Client
Start-up tech company with great perks and awesome company culture.
- Oversee the activities of the accounting department to ensure the accurate and timely preparation and dissemination of public as well as internal financial information, including, but not limited to quarterly and annual public financial statements and reports, internal reporting packages and presentations to the board of directors.
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting standards, and that internal controls over financial reporting are operating effectively.
- Manage, train, mentor, support and provide feedback to the accounting team.
- Manage the overall process of quarterly reviews and annual audits with our auditor
- Work with our external tax specialists in preparation and review of tax provisions and returns, and assist in ensuring compliance with local, state and federal tax reporting and filing requirements.
- Prepare annual and periodic re-forecast budgets and review and present monthly variance analyses.
- Assist with preparation of standalone financial statements and regulatory filings
- Research and document changes in accounting policy and technical guidance, as applicable.
The Successful Applicant
- CPA preferred, with 6+ years accounting experience
- Experience managing and supporting team of accounting professionals
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as strong technical skills
- Organized, detail oriented, with an ability to multi-task and function at both detail and conceptual levels
What's on Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Great Benefits