You are here
Controller - Technology Startup
Chance to join an up and coming startup with high growth
Work closely with the founders of the company
About Our Client
My client is a new start up company that has established an online retail platform for apparel that is gaining a lot of traction. They are seeking for a Director of Finance to not only manage their Finance & Accounting function, but also to participate in management activities and be involved in the growth of the business.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform the following duties:
- Serve as a strategic financial business partner to the CEO and Executive Management team
- Establish and maintain all corporate accounting policies and procedures with focus on revenue recognition and ensure proactive interpretation and application of all generally accepted accounting policies
- Build a proactive accounting organization by selecting, training and developing team
- Oversee all company's finances including revenue, cash flow, expenses, reports and ongoing financial reporting to the executive team, including cost analysis
- Prepare and deliver financial reporting as required for Board meetings, annual shareholder meetings, and investor relations
- Ensure that the company has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct audits
- Lead the implementation of an ERP system
- Ensure that federal, state and local tax reporting compliance requirements and other filings are met
- Participate in ad hoc projects
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance/Business required.
- CPA qualifications and public accounting experience is a must.
- At least 5 - 8 years of progressive accounting experience in public/private sectors
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, operational risk assessment and financial reporting
- Excellent understanding of planning process, business modeling, cash management and controls
- Knowledge of SQL and data analytics a plus
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A quick learner, a self-starter, able to work independently, and you're willing (and able) to handle the pressures of an increasing level of responsibility
What's on Offer
Salary offered will be up to 150k. Good fringe benefits offered.