You are here
Fast Paced - Post MBO Company
Alternative Energy Opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is an alternative energy group with operations nationwide. Focused on providing cost effective and profitable solutions to their clients the company has grown quickly and is now looking to add a Controller to the team.
- Overall stewardship of the financial backbone of the companies. Ensure informed decision making throughout the organization. Planning and reporting functions are the Controller's direct responsibility.
- Balance short-term concerns and pressures, such as managing cash, liquidity, profitability, long-term vision and sustainable organizational success.
- Support strategic leadership responsibilities with the Principal owner, and the senior management teams. Ensures the accounting and finance functions support the businesses at a strategic and operational level.
- Enable value - by supporting the senior management teams in making decisions and facilitating the understanding of performance of the organizations.
- Preserve value - asset and liability management, managing risk in relation to setting and achieving the organizations' objectives, while implementing and monitoring effective internal reporting and control systems.
- Timely Information Flow - ensure timely and relevant internal and external business information.
- Establish and maintain an effective financial and accounting organization that is technically competent and able to accomplish agreed upon goals and objectives, including monthly reporting, establishing and maintaining key performance indicators and metrics, basic bookkeeping and managing payables and receivables.
- Ensure we are timely and compliant with external requirements, including banking relationships.
- Responsible for managing and overseeing the annual independent attestation process.
The Successful Applicant
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts / Sciences Degree (4-year) in Accounting, Finance, or related area. CPA required.
- At least 10 years of progressive experience in accounting / controllership / finance / management roles.
- Solid cost accounting, including standards and variance analysis, and GAAP knowledge and experience
- Personal: Unquestionable integrity, results-oriented, strong interpersonal skills, positive 'get it done' spirit. This is not a 9 to 5 position.
- Accounting experience having worked in a dynamic, growing and complex environment in $20 + MM revenue companies.
- Experience with working in a capital-raising transactional environment highly desired.
- Effective communicator throughout all levels of the organization, with proven ability to provide input while challenging assumptions during the day to day business decision making process.
- Excellent financial analysis skills, including knowledge and experience in the application of various business valuation concepts.
- Significant experience in designing, implementing and maintaining effective reporting and controls.
- Experience working with outside legal counsel in structuring contracts, leases and purchases, documenting relationships, and ensuring company-wide compliance with established risk control procedures.
What's on Offer
This role will be a tremendous opportunity - $120,000 - $140,000 + Bonus