You are here
- Growth Role in Manhattan
- Strong Leadership Opportunity
About Our Client
Our clients has a reputable name in the field of youth development and welfare.
Reporting directly to the CFO, your day to day duties include:
- Manage and supervise a central Fiscal accounting team of 5 staff members, ensuring proper segregation of duties as well as efficient and effective operations through delegation of responsibilities.
- Oversee all central accounting operations and functions, including accounts payable, cash management, bank reconciliations, journal entries, and monthly, quarterly and year-end financial close activities, ensuring their timely, accurate and efficient completion.
- Maintenance of the general ledger, chart of accounts, bank and other financial accounts.
- Oversee the annual financial audit and other periodic and ad-hoc external audits of CAS books and records and financial performance, and preparation of annual financial statements for CAS and related entities. Includes annual IRS Form 990 and similar State-required filings; cost reports for Medicaid and Foster Care funded services; and audits of retirement plans (defined benefit and defined contribution).
- Improve efficiency and effectiveness of accounting processes and systems, while maintaining acceptable internal controls and fiscal integrity
- Set annual goals and objectives for the department and develop measurement tools to monitor progress.
- Develop communications materials about financial policies, administrative procedures, calendars, financial health of the organization, and role of the department, etc., for internal and external use.
- Ensure fiscal and accounting policies and procedure manuals and materials are maintained in a timely, accurate and comprehensive manner.
The Successful Applicant
- Masters in Accounting/Finance. CPA is highly desirable
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of progressively responsible accounting and finance experience, including at least two (2) years of supervisorial and management experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Experience and/or knowledge of non-profit legal, tax, and special accounting needs, and general issues within the non-profit environment, including restricted fund accounting and endowments.
- Strong analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate accounting and financial principles to a wide variety of individuals.
What's on Offer
Competitive compensation and benefits package.