You are here
Controller- Venture Backed Startup
First financial hire, unique opportunity, grow and scale the company!
About Our Client
Venture backed startup in the Fintech/SaaS space. Rapidly growing. Office based in Union Square, New York City.
As the Controller at this venture backed startup, you will be responsible for the oversight of all accounting for the business including multiple foreign subsidiaries. This will involve working with an external accounting team to oversee the monthly close, translation and consolidation of our foreign currency entities, overseeing revenue recognition and assisting with monthly reconciliation. The role will require technical accounting as well as ad hoc projects and analysis. Joining as the first Controller, you will have the unique opportunity to create, form and manage many scalable and vital processes to a rapidly growing, mission-based startup.
Office based in New York City--international travel required
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate must have:
- Strong analytical skills and a strong knowledge of the application of US GAAP.
- Experience managing the translation and consolidation of books of foreign subsidiaries in multiple currencies
- Thorough understanding of intercompany accounting and financial statement preparation, including management reports
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with accounting software such as Quickbooks, Sage, etc
- Minimum of four years of relevant experience, maximum 12 years
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration
- The desire and flexibility to travel internationally
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
These additional factors are also a plus:
- Be a certified CPA or CA
- Have experience working in Fintech
- Have familiarity with statistical databases and the ability to quickly organize data
- Have a relevant MBA, Masters or other secondary education
- Come from a relatively prestigious college or University
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary plus bonus and equity (stock options)
- Flexible working hours and unlimited vacation
- New York City office space, with exciting international travel required
- The ability to join an intelligent, driven team and contribute to a humanitarian mission through the growth and success of the company