You are here
Growing Company Seeking Controls Engineer
3-10 Years of Experience in Similar Role
About Our Client
- Through the use of analytical ability, application of imagination, and creative effort, solve control system problems in the areas of integrated electronic hardware, electro-mechanical and embedded software leading to advances in product design for plastic joining.
- Create, design, develop, prove and implement software for controls, including coding, debugging and integrating software in control systems.
- Oversee the implementation of circuit design into hardware (PCB, harness, component selection, etc.) to insure design intent is achieved; review and approve related documentation.
- Provide technical guidance to marketing in resolving customer application issues related to control systems.
- Remain current on the advances in controls technology, both hardware and software, through research into the state of the art in components, sub-systems, software, and related technologies and demonstrate their applicability in improving welding products.
- Continue personal development through formal and informal education and training, including participation in professional associations, to remain current with advances in technology
- Provide recommendations for the improvement of process related to Engineering activities
- Additional functions as required.
The Successful Applicant
- BSEE or the equivalent of 3-5 years training and experience in the area of system controls engineering.
- Additional education or training in computer science is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in the development of complex system controls (including closed-loop control system or servo motor control system design), preferably in the machine tool industry.
- Strong communication and planning skills, ability to work with broad objectives and minimal direction.
- Requires a high degree of analytical ability as well as the application of imaginative and creative effort.
- Controller development using SBC, microprocessor and programmable logic.
- A/D, D/A conversion with small signal analog design.
- Machine controller related assembly, 'C/C++' programming languages, popular operating system and real time operation systems.
What's on Offer
Competive base + benefits