You are here
- CPA Prefered
- Big 4 Experience a plus
About Our Client
Our client is a publicly traded multi-dimensional organization which engages in the development, manufacture, and marketing of specialty performance ingredients and products for the food, nutritional, feed, pharmaceutical, and medical sterilization industries in the United States and internationally.
- Development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results in terms of profitability, performance against budget, and other matters bearing on the fiscal soundness and operating effectiveness of the organization.
- Maintains the company's system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets. Ensure that accounting procedures are adhered to based on corporate policies and that established procedures are in compliance with GAAP.
- Directs the preparation of all financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets, reports to shareholders, tax returns, and reports for government regulatory agencies.
- Assist in development, timely review and filing of the corporation's annual report and SEC required filings.
- Responsible for evaluating the performance of personnel in the Accounting Department. Recommends training requirements, has the duty to keep the staff at the highest level of skill necessary to meet company needs.
- Maintain direct contact with external accounting firm; organizing audit, tax, and overall accounting issues.
- Confers with President, General Managers, Vice President of Operations, R&D, Human Resources, and or other appropriate personnel to coordinate and prioritize planning.
- Coordinates and directs the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts, institutes and maintains other planning and control procedures (including the cost accounting system), and analyzes and reports variances.
- Update and implement corporate credit policy and procedures including plan that will address all scenarios relative to the overall collection process.
- Together with CFO, works with banks and/or investment bankers to raise additional capital as required for expansion.
- Coordinates tax planning and compliance with all federal, state, and local corporate, payroll, and other applicable taxes.
- Furnishes internal reports, revises and updates reports to be more useful and efficient, and furnishes external reports as necessary.
- Follows and enforces all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards. Works to advance and promote the safety culture of the site.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have a bachelors in accounting/finance with an advanced degree required (CPA preferred). The candidate will have 10+ years of relevant experience with a mix of public accounting and corporate experience within publicly traded companies.
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary and benefits offered