You are here
Corporate CPA Accountant
Fortune 500 Company Seeking 2-3 year PUBLIC AUDITOR (Big 4 Not Neccessary)
CPA Preferred, Focus on Internal Audit, Financial Reporting, SOX Controls
About Our Client
The company is a publicly traded business within the Fortune 500, focused on Consumer Services and Manufacturing, with headquarters located here in New York City. Employee & customer happiness is extremely important to this business, and has been very highly ranked amongst it's competitors as the one of the best places to work in Industry.
- Perform accounting and internal control reviews at over 100 financial reporting locations. Reviews will include gaining a detailed understanding of the business, including major programs and products, and evaluation of the reliability and integrity of financial information, business processes, and internal control documentation in accordance with company policies and internal controls over financial reporting.
- Evaluate compliance with contract accounting GAAP, including review of unit-of-accounting determination, revenue recognition method selected, adequacy of EACs, and actual job cost accumulation, including net realizable value of inventory, and appropriateness of unbilled, billings-in-excess, accrued warranties, and loss contract reserves
- Develop effective working relationships with Divisional and/or Group Management to facilitate the resolution of any questions and any areas of improvement identified.
- Monitor and analyze the quarterly financial results at reporting locations within assigned business operating groups.
- Ad hoc special projects as required.
The Successful Applicant
- A highly motivated individual who is disciplined, detail-oriented and has a fundamental understanding of internal controls.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting.
- At least 2 years in public accounting, 4 years total experience maximum
- Must be a CPA or on track to obtain CPA within one year of hire
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time
What's on Offer
Generous benefits plan, travel expenses paid for, pre-tax commuter benefits, 3 weeks PTO to start, bonus plan, and a dynamic corporate environment. Cell phone and company Macbook provided.